Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Yesterday I met up with a lady I met on craigslist (when I purchased a baby seat from her) at the Children's Museum. Jacob had so much fun. He especially enjoyed the Bob The Builder portion and the Dig Pit. Everything is interactive and touchable which is really nice. I only saw a quarter of what they have there so I know I'll be going back. Here are some pictures of him in the dig pit where he spent a good 40 minutes of the 2 hours we were there. The pit was larger than my living room and dining room combined and had a dozen dump trucks, buckets and shovels they could play with, it also had a conveyer belt that Jacob was totally entralled with for about 15 minutes. The little rocks are made out of some sort of rubber like material and very realistic looking - I was impressed.



He calls the camera "cheese", probably because that is what we say to him when we take a picture. Well, he always wants to play with the "cheese" and he did the other day and managed to take a picture. So I thought I would post his very first picture - a self portrait of his shirt.



Tomorrow is our wards Truck-or-Treat. I will post pictures of the kids in their costumes - Jacob is a dinosaur and Daniel is a GI Joe (you know, those little green molded guys on a stand). Friday is Halloween and since we think Jacob is too young to trick-or-treat we decided to have a Halloween party at our house. We got a bunch of other couples from the ward with kids the same age and younger as ours and it looks like we will have loads of fun. There will be 10 adults and 6 kids all under age 2. We are doing a lot of the Turner traditional stuff like mummy dogs, witch's brew, graveyard cake etc... I am really exited about it.

Next Thursday Jacob turns 2. We haven't planed a party yet so we aren't sure what we are going to do, but hopefully it will be a lot of fun for him. He is in the process of transitioning out of his crib (he has had one rail of his crib off for a month now), so we are thinking of getting him a big boy bed for his birthday. He really likes dinosaurs so hopefully I can find some dinosaur sheets.

Daniel is doing well and adjusting nicely to his new shoes. His sleep has been lighter and he stirs a lot, but I think in a few weeks he will be back to normal and progressing. His feet/legs are very weak from being in casts for 10 of his 12 weeks of life, so everyday when he has free time from his shoes I exercise him as often as I can. He is such a good little baby and a joy to have, I'm just so in love with him. On Monday he hit the 3 month milestone. I had pictures taken at Sears and they turned out nicely. Here are a few;



5 comments:

The Cole Family said...

Those picts turned out so good. I miss you guys already. You need to come out and see our house. Sorry I wasn't able to come the the trunk or treat. I wasn't feeling very good. Talk to you soon.

Ferris Family said...

Jacob is so big. He's a little man now. That was Parker's favorite place to play at the children's museum too. You'll have to let me know next time you are going and I can meet you there. I sure miss you guys. Your boys are so cute. I love the pics of Daniel. He's such a buhda!

Tristan said...

I love these pictures! He's such a cutie!

Jenny and Chris Dixon said...

That sounds like a fun place to go and Daniel's three month pictures are very cute. I miss you guys and wish you lived closer.

Becky said...

Cute pictures. He is such a trooper. Glad to hear he's doing well. And you look GREAT! Miss you guys..