He didn't like being in the doctor's office and cried most of the time. Since he is done with the casting phase he now has his little Ponsetti shoes. The guy from orthotics showed us how to put them on and gave us some instructions. He slept most of the afternoon (from being pooped out from all that crying) but the time he was awake he did ok. In the evening he was having a hard time of it all and cried a lot. They told his we will "earn our parenting medals" over the next few days as he learns to adjust. I, however, have been smiling. I laughed with happiness as I gave him a bath last night and just had so much fun. He did to - he was kicking and smiling and splashing.. it was so fun to see. After his bath we let him chill out on his changing table for a while and was just going nuts! He was having so much fun kicking his legs and his eyes were all wide. We wanted to preserve the moment so we took a video of him. It will be fun to show him all these pictures and videos when he is older.Here are some pictures;
- Before -

- After - (you can see his scars from surgery)

- first picture of him in his casts - (2 weeks old)

- last picture of him in his casts - (12 weeks)

- a picture with Dr. Achterman -

- new shoes! -
- lookin' like a snow boarder -

- sleeping - I couldn't resist posting this picture, it's just so cute!
2 comments:
Hurray! I am glad that Daniel is so happy to be free. Bath time will be much happier now as well as most of his days because he will be more comfortable. I'm so happy for you guys, you have earned your parenting medal!
Yay! I am so glad he is done with the casts! His feet look so great! He is such a chubs! SOO CUTE!
Post a Comment