Tuesday, November 11, 2008

catchup - Jacob turns 2!

On November 6th Jacob turned 2. We had a nice day together and he was so well behaved which made it easier for me to have a good day with him. I made homemade pizza and a dinosaur cake (he blew out both candles with one blow!). We had our friend's the Cole's over to help us celebrate. Here are a few things I love about Jacob and things he can do...
* says "mourning" really loud each time he wakes up
* says "ready? two, four, go!"
* he loves to help us do anything
* he is my baby monitor and always knows when Daniel is awake or crying (even if I can't hear)
* loves his routine. Loves his baths and brushing his teeth. He really loves his books and even sleeps with them
* he loves to dance and listen to music. we rock it out together in the car all the time.
* has a beautiful smile.

I love you J-man!





One of our presents to him was a big boy bed. I think he really likes it. His transition from a crib to a bed has been so easy. I was dreading it and it turned out to be smooth and pretty painless. We only had a few 3 am moments with him right next to us saying "hi mom" or "hi dad". He is such a good and delightful little boy. He is learning new things constantly which keeps me on my toes and is just so much fun to watch.

1 comment:

Ferris Family said...

Wow, Eliza I can't believe that Jacob is two already. He's grown so much. He's such a handsome little guy. He's in a big boy bed and everything. How's that working out for you? You are so talented and creative. That dinosaur birthday cake is fabulous. I never do theme cakes for my boys birthdays. I am just not creative or talented enough. Or I just haven't had enough practice. But I am going to try and make Tanner a Lightning McQueen cake for his one year birthday coming up on Nov 30th. So we'll see how it turns out. I'm so glad you are doing well. Your blog is so adorable.

April